Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

45 Boxes of Butter Lost and Non-Scale Victories

Let's talk about non-scale victories. I was going to wait to share them when I had lost 50 lbs., but they make me happy now so I will not wait any longer. Sure I like to weigh myself weekly. More importantly I have been keeping a list of the changes in myself that a scale could never measure. Let's get this started!

As I pass the freezer door section in the grocery store, I no longer cringe when I see my reflection. 

I like the reflection of myself in the TV in our living room, I may bust a move like a gangsta or a ballerina... you know a award winning one. 

As I am driving and have my hands on the steering wheel, I do not recognize these smaller wrists. 

It's amazing how much smaller my arms are. Thanks to weight lifting. It really does work. I use to always get a arm wedgie... you know when your shirt goes up your arm pit. I use to pull it out or wiggle out my arm wedgie. Nope. No more of that. All my sleeves fit loose. 


I sat in a booth recently and realized that my tummy is no longer touching the table. Look at all the space I have. I could live here. 

I walk faster now and my chest no longer gets tight.
I am free of back and leg pain. 

I can now last the entire hour of Zumba rather then just half of it.

Recently, the Zumba instructor gave me a shout out during a Miley Cyrus song and I popped my bootay like a cool kid! I would have never done that before. Thanks to the Zumba instructor she helped me realize the confidence I am starting to feel. 

I can bend over now without feeling like my eyes will pop out.

My arms no longer hurt when I smooth out my troll hair. It takes 40 minutes, you know. 

I no longer lose my breath walking on stairs.

When I go shopping with my friends, I can keep up with them.

No more wide width shoes for me! 

When I take pictures, I no longer stick out my head to get rid of my double chin. 

The last dress I had worn was my wedding dress. Yep, I bought a dress. Now I will wear it and I will do it joyfully and afraid. 

I can put my cup in the cup holder next to me rather then in the second cup holder because I'm not as hippy as I use to be. 

Sure I've noticed my body changes in pictures, but in this picture I saw how much smaller my shoulders and neck are. Every now and then I catch my new rounded shoulders in my peripheral vision.

I have dropped from size 24 jeans to size 18 jeans. I use to wear 26/28 tops and now I am in a XXL.

I am having fun again with fashion. 

I am about half way through my fat burning journey. I am feeling great. I fight often to eat healthy and on days I want to quit I punch that in the face and just keep on. I want more of all this goodness and I will get it done! 

Thanks for reading me. I enjoy sharing my story in hopes to inspire. 






No comments:

Post a Comment