Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I'm a Messy Girl and Ready to Change

I'm a messy girl. I'm always running late getting the toilets clean, cleaning the floor and letting my dishes pile up. Sometimes I keep my house tidy, but it's never long term. It has always bothered me. Now it's really bothering me. I want to change. It's on my heart that I need to change this and I cannot deny it any more.  My plan of attack is to make small changes. 


Chingon and hairy dust bunnies. (there in the background) 

I don't expect my floor to be clean enough to eat off of it, but I don't want rolling hairy dust bunnies either.

I want to start with simple changes. I declare it here and now. I no longer want to see so much stuff out of place and piled-high dishes. All this is noise and I need to get rid of the extra stress I feel when my house is messy.  I want there to be a knife clean every time I need it. I no longer want to rush to wash 3 forks before we sit down for dinner. No more piled high trash in the can either. 

These are the changes I will start this month:

  • I will set the dishwasher to clean in the evening and I will empty it in the morning. This is one of my Monkey's chores so I will ask him to do it in the morning. 
  • I will take out the trash in the evening so in the morning I am not slapped with a stench. 
  • I will do laundry Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I always leave it to do all in one night then I am mad. No more.
  • I will spend 20 minutes every day picking up the house. 


There. That's the plan. There are small changes with a big impact. I am ready to commit. I love how my house feels when we are expecting guests. I want that feeling every day and I will get it.

My mission is to improve my housekeeping. If I can beat a cheeseburger, I can surely keep my house tidy. 

Boom. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment