Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Day Monkey Enjoyed the Wind




Monkey was sensitive to the wind when he was younger. His cheeks would get super red on a windy day. When we would walk outside he would gasp for air as if he could not breath or the wind would take his breath away. Monkey would burrow his head on my side or cover his face with his hands. We could never roll down the windows. The feeling of the wind and loud sound would upset him. As he grew, it bothered him less and less. 

Recently, on a spring-like day Monkey rolled his window down. He said, "I love the wind in my face." He was even opening and closing his mouth as kids do. He said showing me his hair, "Look how my hair moves!" I was so happy for him to enjoy the wind. Wind something that is around us every day. Our son was able to enjoy rolling down the window and taking it all in.

I had a rush of memories how my Monkey would gasp for air when we walked outside and now to see him at peace with his eyes closed feeling the wind with his fingers and blown through his hair. I felt so at peace to see this win. 

I am thankful. I think back to this moment we had and feel overjoyed. Praise the Lord for the growth in our son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment