Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Monday, June 23, 2014

Lost 60 lbs: Weight Loss Pictures



I started this adventure 9 months ago. I have reached a goal by my birthday. Every year for the last ten years, yes ten years I would set my weight loss goals and always quit after losing five lbs. Instead of loosing, I just gained more weight over the years.  As my body aches were getting worse and I was on 5 medications I decided this time it was for good. I felt a motivation I've never had before. What was so different? I ask God to help me control myself around food, to help me follow through each day, to motivate me to work out. I leaned on 
God and talk to him throughout the day. I use to think I could only talk to God when I had troubles. We had started attending a new church where I have learned so much more than I have ever known. I became more comfortable talking to God about any thing. God has time to hear me pray not to hog on Taco Bueno. Yes HE does. I still had days I over-ate so I just dusted myself off and started again.
 I wanted to live my life without limitations. Here I am. I now weigh 210 lbs. in a loose size 16 from 270 in a size 26/28. I am proud of ME. I have more weight to lose. I'm not sure how much more. I'll take it 10 lbs. at a time. Although, I don't believe that's me the girl I see in the mirror I do believe the confidence and fire that soars in me. The reflection I see in the mirror will catch up with me and that will take time. That's ok, it's part of growing. 
I have taken pictures along the way and I love to reflect on the changes especially in moments when I can't believe all this is happening and that I have accomplish this. 



I had lost my first 6 lbs. I had done this many times throughout the years and always quited. I was motivated to keep on. 



By November, I had lost 15 lbs. as much as the pumpkin pictured. It was the most I had ever lost. I started this blog around this time. 



In this picture, I had lost 40 lbs. and I was noticing big changes. 40 lbs. is as much as this microwave weighs. It was heavy! 



These bags of dog food represent the 50 lbs. I had lost. It was amazing and eye opening to actually feel how heavy 50 lbs. really was. My poor bones.  No wonder I had aches throughout my body.



Here I am. I have lost 60 lbs. about a week before my birthday. A dream came true. I have not been at this weight in years. I'm getting to know myself again and I am LOVING it. A cheeseburger could never give me this satisfaction that I am living every day. This statement is on repeat in my head.
Thank you God for always being with me. You are there when I call upon you. YOU are in my heart 24/7. I gave you this and ask you to help me fight back. You blessed me will determination and will power. There were days I cried out to you to help me beat the food monsters. You always saw me through it. Yes, there were moments I did not ask for help and I over-ate. You always gave me the strength to pick myself up and just keep on. Thank you for showing me I could do this. I thought losing weight was some thing strong people did. I believed I had no chance. I was scared of dying and not seeing my son grow. God showed me I had the FIGHT in me. God put the desire to lose weight in my heart and I am thankful that I listened and got started. I am not "fixed", but I believe I am learning and I will keep learning every day how to change my relationship with food. 
Thank you God for showing me the way! You are the only way for me.
Set your goals and fight your way there. You can do it. 
PS. I was so scared in the beginning to change my diet. I took it day by day with small changes. Start small and planning ahead is key! 

2 comments:

  1. I just cried my eyes out while reading this! I ache everywhere and really I ideally should be about 20 lbs less than I am for my frame etc, but I want to be healthy. So I want to get my eating back in check and more for me my workout routine. I eat relatively healthy but I used to work out 5-7 days a week. Now I'm lucky to even get outside for 10 minutes and walk! I started working out again but then with the heat and no a/c currently in the room with my workout equipment that became my excuse instead of just going outside! So, I've gotta get in gear. You are seriously amazing and motivating. You were amazing and beautiful before but I'm so happy for you finding your way back to your healthy self. You look fantastic and are motivating me to ask God for his help to get me back to healthy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words. Set a plan and get it done. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete