Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Monday, June 16, 2014

Dijon Pork Loin with Vegetables


Recently, I started to eat more pork. The only pork I ate before was bacon. I choose pork loin because it is a lean cut. The recipe has Dijon mustard that adds a tangy flavor to this dish. I love the bold flavors and it belongs on my meal rotation!

Ingredients: 
1 tsp. olive oil
 6 oz. pork loin cut into pieces
2 cups of chopped broccoli, cauliflower and jicama
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of chicken stock
garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.


  • In a dish, I mix the chicken stock and Dijon mustard and set aside. 
  • Heat up the olive oil in a pan. 
  • Add the chopped pork loin, brown and cook half way through. Then I take it out of the pan and set aside. 
  • I add the vegetables and sauté them until they are half way done. 
  • I add the pork back into the pan with the vegetables.
  • Next add the mixture of stock and mustard and heat through. Cover and let it simmer for 2 minutes. 
  • Serve 
Tip: Divide pork loin into serving sizes and freeze. Chop the vegetables ahead of time will simplify the cooking time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment