Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Monday, June 16, 2014

My Meals and Snacks 6/16

I had a good week. I lost 2.5 lbs. and worked out 4 times. I power walked or swam. Here's my menu for last week. Ready for another winning week. This past week I had some food encounters, but I remained in control. It's a lot of work and it's not easy.  I take it one day at a time and some days it's by the hour. The days that are the hardest do not happen often because I am growing and my relationship with food is changing. Let's get the menu started!

Monday: Breakfast was pintos topped with over-easy eggs and one corn tort. 
Snack: Greek yogurt and pineapple
Lunch: Zoodles, ground turkey and spaghetti sauce. I make zoodles using a very cool kitchen gadget I found on Amazon. 

Tuesday: Breakfast was 1 tbsp. of PB with sliced bananas on toast. 
Snack: Mango and a green fruit juice
Lunch: Sautéed vegetables topped with over easy eggs. I use to eat this instead of vegetable it was fried potatoes. Ha! No more of that. 
Snack: Yogurt with strawberries
Dinner: Sautéed pork loin with vegetables


Wednesday: Breakfast was pintos and scrambled  eggs with salsa
Snack: Pineapple with yogurt and a 1/4 cup of wheat Chex cereal
Lunch: Pintos and taco seasoned ground turkey on a whole wheat tort. 
Dinner: Sautéed vegetable topped with two over-easy eggs. 
Oops... I ate eggs twice on this day. 

Thursday: Breakfast was pintos and scrambled eggs in a whole wheat tort. 
Snacks: As pictured yogurt and fruit and the other snack was oranges and grapes
Lunch: Zoodles with red sauce
Dinner: I was not feeling well so I ate a little. Later I had popcorn and I had a latte some time that day. 

Looks like I forgot to take my pictures on Friday. Darn. I had oats for breakfast. I knew I was going to encounter fried chicken that night so I was careful what I ate that day. At dinner I had a fried chicken breast, salad, half a corn and a taste of carrots. I also had a small piece of dessert. I remained in control, I wanted so much more. I was sure to not be starving when we went over to our friend's house also to be mindful and stay in control. The food was delicious and I enjoyed it. 


Saturday was a long day out. I had a egg white sandwich from McDonald's  and I love their iced coffee too. 
Snack: Chobani greek yogurt and strawberries. 
Lunch: Chick-fil-A Cobb salad and 8 piece nuggets
I used my light Ranch with the salad when I came home. 


Sunday: Breakfast was oatmeal. 
Snack: Fig Blueberry bar reminds me of Fig Newtons
Lunch: I made a Cobb salad with light ranch. We had a picnic so this was my choice of lunch. 
Dinner: Grilled vegetables and scallops. 

That's my week! I really enjoyed my food choices that helped keep the food monsters away. 
I'd love to hear what is on your menu this week! 



2 comments:

  1. I loose control with CFA french fries! Seriously those things call to me even now I can taste them. Crazy, right? :) I almost went and got some today and kept trying to tell myself how many calories they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have foods like that that I can taste. Ugh. Good job not getting them. Punch those food monsters in the face. I bought a Acti-fry at Bed Bath and Beyond and I still enjoy fries occasionally. I can make fries with 2 tbsp of oil. Yes! So awesome! We have also made chinese food, sweet potato fries, jicama and green beans so far. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete