Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

No Summer Bucket List for US



Summer! Summer! We have been off of school for two weeks and some how our schedule has been full. I think that is my fault because I plan, plan and plan. I need to make things more simple. It is not necessary to be on the go all the time to have a good time. Whirlwind does not equal fun. So I had a moment where I had to take a step back and slow us down.

My plan is to have a playdate once or twice a week. Yes, this is slower for us. We generally have a very busy summer. My Monkey and I came up with a list of things to do. I will be mindful of not doing the same ole thing over and over. I decided not to do a summer bucket list because I feel stressed to get it all done in the next 8 weeks. We are going to try new activities that we are looking forward to watching a movie outdoors hosted by our community and feeding the squirrels in a park. We use to do that all that time so we're bringing back an oldie. I feel calmer I removed the "must have  4 playdates a week to have fun" mindset. When my boy was younger, I'd just invite whoever I wanted to hang with us. Now my Monkey has an opinion and he tells me who he'd like to play with. Rightfully so.

This summer I'm about keeping it simple. Make this summer what you want it to be. Slow down. The school year is so busy, it's time to exhale and take a step back. I'm so glad I saw this for myself. I am looking forward to a calm non-whirlwind summer.

Having four playdates a week is not what makes me a good mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment