Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Monday, August 25, 2014

Lifestyle Change: Gluten Free


Hello Fab Warriors!

I have been missing around this part of the world. I am revved up to share on FWM!
This summer I had some health issues. I started to have stomach pain. After several tests, nothing was found. I asked my family and friends to pray with me. I felt in my heart that I needed to try gluten free. I asked my doctor and he said it was worth a try. So I did. One of my friends helped me get started. It always helps to get help from some one who has been there before. Reach out and ask for help, makes our struggles easier. It's been four weeks now and the pain is gone. If I do eat gluten, because some times I miss it and I don't want to believe this is the answer. The pain comes back and it takes two days to go away. This is what I need to do. A friend shares that it gets easier. The food was a easier transition from a clean diet, it wouldn't have been if I was still on a cheeseburger cupcake diet.

This summer I lost 7lbs, I would have liked for it to be more but I'm moving on and ready to focus 100%. I know I lost slowly because I was not at my best game. Not feeling your best and life still racing around you is tough. Here I am. Facing the fact I need to eat gluten free and fighting to lose more. I have lost 62 lbs and I'm in a size 16 from a 26/28. I have a new joy in me that a cheeseburger could have never fulfill. It's all God's work in me. I am blessed that I have opened my mind and heart to live his will. 

Let's go!



Before 270                                             Now 208


4 comments:

  1. I think you are beautiful before and after! But so glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anna Marie - you look beautiful then and now but I'm glad you're making good choices for your health. You look amazing and I'm so proud of you! Oh and I love your spotted top - way cute!!!

    ReplyDelete