Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Thursday, August 28, 2014

How I Quit Pop


How I Quit Pop

At the beginning of my weightloss fight, I quit drinking pop. I would only drink it when I ate out. Since I ate out 12 times a week that added up to a lot of pop. I would also go to the drive-thru just for a drink, okay a cheeseburger too. I have estimated I was drinking 5 gallons of diet pop a week. I stopped eating out so the pop stopped too. I switched to water. I use to believe I hated water so I used Mio or Crystal Light to make it taste better. I struggled to drink even 6 glasses a day. Oh how I missed the fizzle of pop and the bubbles on my tongue. It just took time and I had to keep my brain away from thinking about it. I dug into hobbies, reached out to friends and my Boss and drank more water. I also prayed for control around pop. There's no easy answer, it just took time. After a while I used less and less water flavor enhancers and went to plain water. Gasp! I know! It just took the time from being addicted.


 My thoughts of pop became distant.   I now drink 10 glasses of water and for the past 4 days I've been drinking 12 glasses a day.  My goal is a gallon. I still drink a pop with my cheat meal one a month. I may stop that, I may not. Some people don't like it after quitting it, I still do.

This was not easy, but this was one way I changed my lifestyle to save my life. God is my strength. We can reach out to him in the good and bad. Looking back I feel proud I made this change and improved my health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment