Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Friday, September 5, 2014

Tradition: How Can I Pray For You, Mom?


How Can I Pray For You, Mom?

This school year I started asking my Monkey "How can I pray for you?" on the way to school. I feel like we do have open talks, but this gives me an additional inside to what he is thinking or what is weighing on him. He always has something to say. Just once he did not have any thing to say so he asked to pray for a friend. We pray for others during our bedtime routine so it was nice pray for someone who was on his mind. I feel like this is our new tradition that will allow him to talk about any thing that's on his mind and he can leave it in the car with me knowing I will pray. I think about my boy through out the day and I pray for him, but now I'm also praying for what was on his heart. My Monkey surprised me, when he asked me "How can I pray for you, Mom?" This moment made me cry. It was so sweet and thoughtful of him. I wasn't surprised since my boy is a ball of sugar for his mama. 

When my Monkey asked me what prayer I needed, I felt so proud of him that he thought to ask me in return. I told him how thoughtful of him to think of others.

Prayer is a gift we can give others. I am loving our new tradition!

Do you have any new traditions this school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment