Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Saturday, February 22, 2014

No More Eating Out on Weekends & The Boss has Joined me on the Burn Trail


We have eaten out every weekend as long as I can remember during our marriage. We tried many times to stop or lessen the times we ate out, but always failed. I was allowing myself one cheat meal a week, but I would take four days to recover and I would not lose as much for the week. It was a vicious cycle and I had enough. The Boss decided to join me and get healthy. So together we decided no eating out until we are able to make the right choices.

We have not eaten out on the weekend in 6 weeks. It has been a huge change for me. I felt like eating out was a treat I deserved. I had to changed what I believed. What we need is to be healthy so we enjoy the most out of life. Thanks to my husband wanting to get healthy, we made the decision to stop eating out. If it had not been for that, I would still be making bad choices at the restaurant. This change has invigorated my weight loss. I do still eat out during the week and I make good choices. I choose healthy alternatives and avoid the places I know I will not make a healthy choice.

It was very hard in the beginning not to eat a cheat meal. I changed how I rewarded myself by having some ME time. We also cook delicious meals at home that are satisfying so we keep the food monsters away. We have created a new plan for entertainment on the weekends. I think finding alternatives have helped us not miss the old way. This is our new life and we are loving it. The Boss has now lost 44 lbs and he is ready to burn more. I am a proud wife. I love that we cheer each other on and we are in this race together to win.

Sure I have moments I still want to hog at Hideaway pizza, but I know that being off medications will feel better.

We have goals and we will keep fighting.

1 comment: