Like, Follow and Pin Me

social widget

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter- I Won

I stomped Easter food. I focused on the reason for the holiday and rejoiced with my boys. Food was not a highlight of this holiday like it has been in the past. I did not plan on cooking a ham, but my Monkey requested a ham and mash potatoes and I threw in some peas. Since it was important for him to have a holiday meal I thought to make it just for him. Who knew there was a 2 lb. ham in the store? I didn't want it to last all week so I decided to make a little one. I only made 3 potatoes for the mash. There was no dessert either.

This was my Easter dinner. It was still 1,000 calories. It was a treat to have mash potatoes made with butter. Oh, man still so good. My boy absolutely loved it. 

I wore my first dress since my wedding dress 16 years ago. I felt ca-ute! My first leggings ever! I'm not sure where my Monkey got that tough pose. He is full of personality.
I must add that Spanx is all that and a bag of kale. It is so true that it holds us together. Wow! 

In order to count down on the amount of candy my boy got this year, I added $10 worth of quarters. The Boss and I wrote him little love notes and added those too. He was beyond excited and didn't even ask about candy! Big win! 

That evening we went for a walk with Chingon, our gangster boxer. A walk on a holiday? Who are these people. A family who is fighting to be healthy. 

So proud that I conquered Easter food. Thinking back to the past, I would have eaten a mountain of carbs and 4 different kinds of pie. I do not miss it. I'm being honest with you. Wearing a dress and feeling good about myself beats any piece of pie. Boom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment